Re: Naming Conventions for Multiple Oracle Instances

From: Bob Manieri \ <rmanieri_at_novalink.com\>
Date: 1996/01/19

Take this however you want... Laugh if you like. I have always used FOUR character UPPER case truncations of cartoon characters. I try to pair them on the same machine so that when say database MICK got rebuilt it would then be MINY, CHIP would be rebuilt as DALE. This way the new database could live on the same machine as the old one.

Bob Manieri email : rmanieri_at_novalink.com Database Administrator voice : (610) 584-7085 Ford Electronics, Lansdale, PA pager : (609) 342-0314
Business is war....information is the high ground. - J.Abrahamson ...we can deprive the enemy of the high ground. - J. Buford