Re: Terrible Technical Support

From: F.Frederick Skitty <Igotan_at_ombomb.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/08/04

In article: <3vqhbs$60v_at_ixnews7.ix.netcom.com> gato01_at_ix.netcom.com (Irvin Betts) writes:
> I disagree with that statement. I have been working with Oracle
> products since version 4 and have had a history of bad technical

Well I also have been working with Oracle since Version 4 , and also have had good and bad experiences with OTS. I have also worked on both sides of the fence , i.e as an Oracle client, and as an Oracle employee (and have had first hand experience of working on Oracle's helpdesk). I currently manage 9 7x24 systems to a total of 50+ Gigs, spread over 5 machines in different parts of the country.

Willy waving beside, I can understand the despair people have when facing an unknown (to them) problem. However, having seen the amount and type of calls Oracle TS receive, I can honestly say that it is no wonder that they are totally swamped. There _are_ a lot of idiots out there (I'm not aiming this remark at anyone inparticular, so don't take offense) who make it hard for Oracle to address the real problems, by swamping the Oracle staff with daft calls, and who won't hire experienced qualified staff. I not trying to make excuses for Oracle, oh no, I'm merely trying to point out some of the problems they have. (From reading your post, you sound like you've had similar experiences to me....I only ever phone them as a last resort)

I think, no matter what my or anybody elses opinion is, that this is definitely a real problem (a real can of worms) for Oracle and they need to address it, and they need to have done this 10 years ago.

Are they listening though ?

--
IGotAn_at_omBomb.demon.co.uk | WeirdGuy_at_cix.compulink.co.uk =%^)
Hit them in the face, with a Funky Bass, For a Happy Smiling race.