Terrible Technical Support

From: Patrick Elliott <pat.e_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/01

I just had a very bad experience with Oracle tech support that I would like t share with you all. I attempted to install an upgrade from 7.1.4 to 7.1.6 this morning at 10 AM. When Oracle started relinking, I got an error saying tha there were undefined symbols in libora.a. I called Oracle to get some help. I was assigned a TAR number and nobody returned my call all day. I called every hour for the rest of the day, but every time, the message said that the support representative was busy. I finally got someone to answer my call at 2:30, but the weren't actually a technical rep. This person told me that they would have someone call me tomorrow at 9 AM. This means that we will probably be down for a minimum of 24 hours waiting for Oracle to respond for our call. I think this is unacceptable! We are still in a development environment, but I a scared of what will happen when we actually get into production with this system. We can't afford such slow response to an emergency. I know we only have bronze support, bu this is ridiculous

--
                          wwwwwww