Re: Oracle native PowerMac software

From: Ben Lowers <benlowers_at_aol.com>
Date: 27 Jul 1994 23:42:07 -0400

In article <313m9n$7k1_at_news.uni-c.dk>, carstenp_at_inet.uni-c.dk (Carsten Pedersen) writes:

> Does anyone have any info about future availability of native server and

> client software for PowerMac's? ...

> so we really need to know some more about Oracles plans for the Mac.

Well, I have looked into this and a dependable contact at Oracle told me earlier this month in response to my question:   Re: Oracle 7.1 Server Native on Power Macintosh? that he "could not confirm, nor could he deny the existence of unreleased products". This is encouraging - we'll have to see what we can get this fall. Also, Apple's "Emulator 2" may get 6.0.33 (Oracle Server for Mac v1.1) running much better in emulation - we'll see...

Ben Lowers
BenLowers_at_aol.com