Re: can't access table from FORMS - help

From: Richard VonLehe <rvonlehe_at_empros.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 16:58:40 GMT

In article <313ean$j7e_at_news-feed-1.PeachNet.EDU>, John Morgan <John_Morgan_at_OIT.PeachNet.EDU> writes:
|> In article <CtJvpG.GMM_at_empros.com> Richard VonLehe, rvonlehe_at_empros.com
|> writes:
|> >Declare
|> > temp1 number;
|> > temp2 number;
|> >Begin
|> > select b1 into temp1 from trans_data where b3=1; <----- Doesn't
 work
|> >END;
|> >
|> >Declare
|> > temp1 number;
|> > temp2 number;
|> >Begin
|> > select id into temp1 from seasons where id=1; <------ Works
|> >END;
|> >

|> >Can anyone give me an idea why this error is occuring?
|>
|> Perhaps trans_data is owned by another user??

I wish it were that easy. I created the tablespace and the tables all for the same user. I can even go into sqlplus under this user and do both of the above select statements, no problem. I thought perhaps I had to have a block in my form that had trans_data as a default table, but that was not the case. Connecting to the database first did not solve the problem, either. I'm stuck :(

Thanks, anyway...

--
The opinions expressed above are my own.
rvonlehe_at_empros.com