Re: Can I learn oracle ( sql plus and sql-forms) on my own

From: Paul Berger <pberger_at_nic.hookup.net>
Date: 1 Jun 1994 08:43:39 -0400

In article <Cqp06L.9Ix_at_udecc.engr.udayton.edu>, Murali D Boyapati (U) <mboyapat_at_udecc.engr.udayton.edu> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I want to learn oracle on my own as there are no institutions
>in the vicinity of Dayton, OH which offer a course on Oracle.
> Do you think i can learn oracle on my own?
> If yes, then how should I get started on it ( by the way I do have
>access to the software ).
> Any help in this regard will be deeply appreciated.
> kindly email me your responses.
> Deeply appreciative of your time
> murali
>
> mboyapat_at_udecc.engr.udayton.edu
You can learn Oracle on your own. It's a lot of work though! You may wish to start by taking a course on relation database theory, perhaps at a local instition in Dayton. I would say take a real world problem somewhat small in scope and use Oracle to address that problem.

Having access to the technology is also obviously very helpful as Oracle is generally an expensive product to purchase and deploy.

Good luck.
PB Received on Wed Jun 01 1994 - 14:43:39 CEST

Original text of this message