Re: Can I learn oracle ( sql plus and sql-forms) on my own

From: Neil Greene <Neil_at_bMD.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 05:24:18 GMT

In article <Cqp06L.9Ix_at_udecc.engr.udayton.edu> mboyapat_at_udecc.engr.udayton.edu (Murali D Boyapati (U)) writes:
> Hi folks,
> I want to learn oracle on my own as there are no
 institutions
> in the vicinity of Dayton, OH which offer a course on Oracle.
> Do you think i can learn oracle on my own?
> If yes, then how should I get started on it ( by the way I do have
> access to the software ).
> Any help in this regard will be deeply appreciated.
> kindly email me your responses.
> Deeply appreciative of your time
> murali

I taught myself Oracle. I had used other databases before, but never touched any sql rdbms prior to purchasing Oracle. The Oracle docs (30 of them), disks and cd-roms showed up and in I jumped. The system has now been up for two years and I am still the only dba/system administrator/nextwork manager employeed. I am in the process of migrating the system over to Oracle7 on several Sparc 10s.

So, "YES", you can teach yourself Oracle and it can work. Good luck!

Neil Greene

benchMark Developments, Inc. [NeXT VAR]
Email: Neil_at_bMD.com
--