Re: Can I learn oracle ( sql plus and sql-forms) on my own

From: Kim Ng <kimmng_at_uswnvg.com>
Date: 1 Jun 94 18:55:15 GMT

Paul Berger (pberger_at_nic.hookup.net) wrote:
: In article <Cqp06L.9Ix_at_udecc.engr.udayton.edu>,
: Murali D Boyapati (U) <mboyapat_at_udecc.engr.udayton.edu> wrote:
: > Hi folks,
: > I want to learn oracle on my own as there are no institutions
: >in the vicinity of Dayton, OH which offer a course on Oracle.
: > Do you think i can learn oracle on my own?
: > If yes, then how should I get started on it ( by the way I do have
: >access to the software ).
: > Any help in this regard will be deeply appreciated.
: > kindly email me your responses.
: > Deeply appreciative of your time
: > murali
: >
: > mboyapat_at_udecc.engr.udayton.edu

First of all, learn about basic relational stuff. I believe ORACLE has tutorial disks that can guide you through the most basic stuff (relational and sqlforms). I used them before but I don't know what they were (it was about 4 years ago). Also, don't be afraid to read all the manuals regardless of what others might say. It gives you some idea of what ORACLE can do.

Good luck.

Kim Ng
(Just a low life programmer) Received on Wed Jun 01 1994 - 20:55:15 CEST

Original text of this message