Windows front end for Oracle

From: Andrew McBurnie <amcb_at_sydney.DIALix.oz.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 10:57:56 GMT

Has anyone got any opinions/experiencs to relate on using Windows based front ends on a PC to an Oracle server? (Or even to PC Oracle). What I want to know is how bug-free they are, the overheads, cost, etc.

I'm thinking of products like Oracle Cards. I know other products are available. Really, something a bit more basic is what we need - basically an equivalent to Oracle Forms, but running under MS Windows, with Windows look and feel.

(We have a stack of users who absolutely hate Oracle as used on big Unix boxes, but love their Windows based PC's. And if we don't find something suitable, then we don't use Oracle.)

AMcB Received on Tue Feb 15 1994 - 11:57:56 CET

Original text of this message