Re: SQL*Forms 3.0 Dialog Elements

From: Sean Stasica <v045101_at_stortek.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 1994 19:05:34 GMT

Martin Berli (berli_at_switch.ch) wrote:
> I was able to create the following pop-up window:
> | You requested a currently not supported |
> | operation. |
> | (OK) |

> If the user presses [next field] (e.g. Return), the "dialog box" goes away.
> What I don't know how to do follows:
> | Are you sure that this is what you |
> | want to do? |
> | (Cancel) (OK) |

> Is there a possibility to do this in SQL*Forms 3.0? On the pop-up page, the
> TAB key should cycle through the two fields, and the RETURN key should in
> case of (OK) continue, in case of (Cancel) e.g. do a rollback.

> Anyone has solved this already?

> Martin Berli

The only way I got around this is to force the user to press commit, once he has selected the field he wants using TAB/RETURN . I put a message at the bottom of the window informing the user of this. To make it a bit easier to use, also provide the ability for the user to simply press "C" or "O" instead of Next field and Commit.

If you are really tricky, you are supposed to be able to go into the oraterm file and seperate the TAB and RETURN keys to do different things, but there is really no triggers associated with them, only a KEY-NXTFLD. You can map the RETURN key to COMMIT so you can use KEY-COMMIT in that respect, but it may have ill effects on other forms you may have done.