Re: Windows front end for Oracle

From: <Martyn=Jones%Suppliers%HQIM=Mun_at_bangate.compaq.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 1994 03:28:20 GMT

Hello:

>Has anyone got any opinions/experiencs to relate on using Windows
>based front ends on a PC to an Oracle server? (Or even to PC Oracle).
>What I want to know is how bug-free they are, the overheads, cost, etc.
>
>I'm thinking of products like Oracle Cards. I know other products are
>available. Really, something a bit more basic is what we need - basically
>an equivalent to Oracle Forms, but running under MS Windows, with Windows
>look and feel.
>
>(We have a stack of users who absolutely hate Oracle as used on big
>Unix boxes, but love their Windows based PC's. And if we don't find
>something suitable, then we don't use Oracle.)

Well you could take a number of approaches:

        Buy an Oracle end-user tool:

                        The best seems to be Business Objects ... by far.

	DIY:
			PowerBuilder

			or my favourite:

			VisualBasic 3 with OracleGlue

Hope this is of some help,

Martyn Jones,
Munich, Alemania.

                        Lowenbrau uber alles! Received on Thu Feb 24 1994 - 04:28:20 CET

Original text of this message