Re: Windows front end for Oracle

From: Selina Glynn <selina_at_dciem.dnd.ca>
Date: 18 Feb 94 18:33:28 GMT

In article <1994Feb15.105756.44_at_sydney.dialix.oz.au>, Andrew McBurnie <amcb_at_sydney.DIALix.oz.au> wrote:
>I'm thinking of products like Oracle Cards. I know other products are
>available. Really, something a bit more basic is what we need - basically
>an equivalent to Oracle Forms, but running under MS Windows, with Windows
>look and feel.

Oracle card looks pretty. If your application involves one form, one table, you could think of using oracle card. The products has a lot of restrictions. Simple things like joining master, detail, format mask of fields are not simple processes. It doesn't have pop-up windows. The product is based on hypercard which is not built for databases.

Selina

--
	Selina Glynn, DCIEM, Canadian Forces Base Toronto
UUCP:	   {decvax|ihnp4|watmath}!utzoo!dciem!dretor!selina