Re: SQR and SQR Gossip

From: Marek Pytlik <pytlik_at_ra.cs.umb.edu>
Date: 10 Dec 92 03:38:18 GMT

In article <1g502jINNibo_at_terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu> jlove_at_ivrit.ra.itd.umich.edu (Jack Love) writes:
>In article <1g45sqINN8k5_at_gaia.ucs.orst.edu> mickel_at_OES.ORST.EDU (Paul M. Mickel) writes:
>>my understanding is that they are now a division of Sybase. at least, that was
>>what the tech people told us last time we called them for support.....
>
>This agrees with my recollection. Since Sybase and Oracle are
>supposedly bitter enemies, this leads to questions about whether
>and how well SQR for Oracle will be supported.
>
>>>By the way, you can often find a lot of good information,
>>>including demo scripts for SQR in the Midwest Oracle Users
>>>Group (MOUG) quarterly.
>>
>>how do i get on the mailing list. not from midwest, but probably a lot of
>>useful applications.
>
>For information you can contact the membership coordinator:
>
>Ron Nollen, Computer Task Group, 800-992-5350 x7888
>
>or the Newsletter Editor:
>
>Tom Sheridan, Argonne National Lab, APO-360
>9700 Cass Ave
>Argonne, IL 60439 708-252-5357
>
>Jack Love

I think that Sybase (SQR parent comp) announced that they would not support SQL Report on Oracle 7 and up. So it seems that SQR Report was JARW ( Just Aother Report Writer). Tired of that? Build C++ classes around your data base and do your reporting that way.

Mark Received on Thu Dec 10 1992 - 04:38:18 CET

Original text of this message