Re: Unicode conversion

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2005 06:45:54 -0800

http://metalink.oracle.com,
> > read docid 225912.1 for an overview.
> >
> > Regards
> > /Rauf
> >

> I thought long raw wasn't affected by locale settings
> for imp/exp?
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

You are right. I should have read the original post rather then assume it's a straight charset conversion :->)

After re-reading the whole thread, Jim's response seems most appropriate here. Why use LONG RAW to store chars in the first place?

Regards
/Rauf Received on Thu Feb 03 2005 - 15:45:54 CET

Original text of this message