Re: Query Builder Syntax Help Needed

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pll-l>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:50:59 +0100

[Quoted] Użytkownik SteveOz napisał:
> Hi from a newbie,
>
> I hope I'm in the right place. I build queries in Query Builder and, in
> general, have no resources to compare my syntax and would love to find a
> resource (maybe with actual examples).
>
> Specifically, I am trying to find a way to search a field (char (500) or
> something) for a string that arrives by prompt. I've defined a query
> parameter that accepts a keyword for searching but can't get the syntax
> straight. This is where I am:
>
> db.application.project_title LIKE :keyword
>
> I don't know what function to use or how to incorporate the wildcard '%' on
> either end. Can you help?
>
> :) Steve

  1. SQL*Plus.

select *
  from all_objects
  where object_name like '%&keyword%'
/

[Quoted] after run this, you get prompt for search objects with name containing :keyword.

2. Query Builder.

  select *
   from all_objects
  where object_name like :keyword
/

  Save this sql statetment and load file into QB.   You should get a keyword automaticaly created in QB and there is a field you can enter '%' things.

--
Noel