Re: Installation of Oracle PE 8.1.7 for Win98

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 19:13:22 +0100

[Quoted] On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 21:51:33 +0100, "Stjepan Brbot" <Stjepan.Brbot_at_ZG.HiNet.HR> wrote:

>Come on man, you forgot snake oil and powder of bat's wings...
>
>I have CD with Oracle Personal Edition 8.1.7 for Windows 98 and simply
>want to install it on my laptop. I do not need Developer/Designer etc. I
>just want to develop tools in VB (ODBC) that would use Oracle database.

[Quoted] The solution to get Oracle Pe working on the uncertified Win ME has been posted in this group several times. It involves hacking win.ini Please use the archives (and in general always use the archives before posting)
As Personal Oracle comes with Oracle Objects for Ole, a dao like *native* interface which can be called from both Visual Basic and Visual C++, using ODBC to interact with an Oracle database from VB is the worst choice you can make.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Dec 24 2001 - 19:13:22 CET

Original text of this message