Re: designer error

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 16:43:28 +0100

"Jan Ödman" wrote:

> Hi! and thanks for your reply
>
> I have no errors in the check requirements utility so I suppose all the
> rigths should be OK.
>
> I used the oracle repository installation guide but I couldn't se anything
> about the fact that you shouldn't install the repository in the same home.
> Where have you read that?
>
> I'm connected as repos_owner/repos_owner_at_mydb.
>
> Best regards
>
> Jan
>
> "Frank van Bortel" <fbortel_at_home.nl> skrev i meddelandet
> > "Jan Ödman" wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 on a Windows2000 server.
> > >
> > > I installed the repository in the same oracle home as the 8.1.7.
> > > without any error messages.
> > >
> > > When i tried to create a table design in designer I've got the
> > > following message. Can anyone advise what to do.
> > <snipped a bunch of error messages>
> > AFAIR, oracle states that designer cannot be in the same home as
> > the server component... maybe this is why?
> > BTW - the product is installed, a repository built (in the database).
> > I hope you *did* create a repository, and read the manual about all
> > rights, etc?
> > How are you connected? User, owner?
> >
> > --
> > Gtrz,
> >
> > Frank van Bortel

It's in the Designer Installation Guide (or was...). Some more questions:
- you installed while being administrator, or as user with   administrative rights? (Member of Administrators)

- you created the repository as repos_owner?
- this is 8iR3 Enterprise Edition (not Standard)?
- any other problems using the tool?
--

Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel Received on Mon Dec 24 2001 - 16:43:28 CET

Original text of this message