Re: *****pl/sql**********

From: dhruba <tapashc_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/28

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your advice,
again could you please look into the present situation and advice as required.

As a local user when I use
select * from tabdb2_at_dblnk.world;

it works fine

but if I use
desc tabdb2_at_dblnk.world
it gives ora-12663
service required by client not avl on the server,

again

if I use
create table oratab as select * from tabdb2_at_dblnk.world; these also works fine

My question is
if I would like to insert data from db2 table(remote) to oracle (local) table
I have to convert datatype (for example timestamp on db2 to date on oracle)

I am not sure how this could be done!

could please show me some wayout,
so that in procedure I can get the data from db2 and insert into oracle table converting
datatype on the fly?

Thanks again

rcy

In article <8e7drp$lj0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:
> In article <8e7dgf$l0i$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> dhruba <tapashc_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> > Hi ,
> >
> > I have oracle 8.1.5 server on NT4 with SP6
> >
> > and DB2 4.3 database on os/390(Remote).
> > with oracle gateway 4.0.1.1.0
> >
> > From the oracle server box I can connect to the DB2 database
> > via SQLPLUS but being connect to oracle if I want to select from
 DB2
> > tables via sqlplus
> >
> > connect scott/tiger; --- connect to oracle server(local)
> > select * from db2table_at_abc.world, ---trying select from db2(remote)
> > table using dblink
> >
> > it gives error
> >
> > ora-2085 Database link DB2L.world connects to G4XX.world
> > ora-2063 Preceding line from abc.world
> >

> you have global_naming set to true but the global name of the remote
> database does not match the dblink name. either:
>
> - create the database link as G4XX.world, not DB2L.world
> - alter system|session set global_names=false;
>
> > but I can connect like
> >
> > sql> connect scott_at_abc.world
> > password ***********
> > connected
> > select * from db2table; it works fine!
> >
> > dblink has already been created and is there in local oracle
 database.

> > any advice will be highly appreciated
> >
> > rcy
> >

> --
> Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Service Industries
> http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/index.html
> --
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corp
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message