Re: *****pl/sql**********

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/04/26

[Quoted] In article <8e7dgf$l0i$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   dhruba <tapashc_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I have oracle 8.1.5 server on NT4 with SP6
>
> and DB2 4.3 database on os/390(Remote).
> with oracle gateway 4.0.1.1.0
>
> From the oracle server box I can connect to the DB2 database
> via SQLPLUS but being connect to oracle if I want to select from DB2
> tables via sqlplus
>
> connect scott/tiger; --- connect to oracle server(local)
> select * from db2table_at_abc.world, ---trying select from db2(remote)
> table using dblink
>
> it gives error
>
> ora-2085 Database link DB2L.world connects to G4XX.world
> ora-2063 Preceding line from abc.world

you have global_naming set to true but the global name of the remote database does not match the dblink name. either:

  • create the database link as G4XX.world, not DB2L.world
  • alter system|session set global_names=false;

--
Thomas Kyte                              tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.