Re: GUI for Linux Oracle 8.0.5

From: <bill_moss_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/28

Hi Celia,

I have the same configuration. But I also have an NT box w/ Oracle 7.3.4 on it and have found that I can use schema, security & storage managers to control my Linux 8.0.5 DB! - the other tools should work as well. I don't think they'll will work with 8i though ;-(

All I had to do was setup a db alias to the instance on Linux.

Bill Moss

In article <38F623E2.692FD730_at_tuesdayinteractive.com>,   Celia Chao <celia_at_tuesdayinteractive.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am pretty new to this, and wondering if anyone out there could point
> me to the right direction.
>
> I have Oracle 8.0.5 installed on my Linux box (Redhat 6.1). Anyone
> knows if there is an Oracle graphical front end for it? I turned up
> nothing from technet, but I might just not know where to look.
>
> I get by with SQLPlus, but sort of grew jealous of the pretty front
 end
> my colleagues are using on their NT boxes. . . :)
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> Celia

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message