Re: *****pl/sql**********

From: dhruba <tapashc_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/26

Hi ,

[Quoted] I have oracle 8.1.5 server on NT4 with SP6

and DB2 4.3 database on os/390(Remote).
with oracle gateway 4.0.1.1.0

From the oracle server box I can connect to the DB2 database via SQLPLUS but being connect to oracle if I want to select from DB2 [Quoted] tables via sqlplus

connect scott/tiger; --- connect to oracle server(local) select * from db2table_at_abc.world, ---trying select from db2(remote) table using dblink

it gives error

ora-2085 Database link DB2L.world connects to G4XX.world ora-2063 Preceding line from abc.world

[Quoted] but I can connect like

sql> connect scott_at_abc.world
password ***********
connected
select * from db2table; it works fine!

dblink has already been created and is there in local oracle database.

[Quoted] any advice will be highly appreciated

rcy

In article <8dmcku$1uma$1_at_buty.wanadoo.nl>,   "." <lbo_ninja_1999_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Maybe use the Oracle Open Client Adapter (so ODBC).
> I have a FORMS application reading data in Foxpro table and inserting
 into
> Oracle. It works very well.
> The question is now: is it possible to use it in a storage procedure
 or
> within SQLPLUS?
>
> dhruba a écrit dans le message <8dlh3u$psj$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >Hi
> >
> >I have oracle 8.1.5 in NT4 server,
> >from sqlplus on this box I can connect to oracle and to another
> >db2 database(remote) which is on 0s/390,
> >I have 2 common table both on oracle and db2 database.
> >
> >I need to write a pl/sql which will select data from db2 table and
> >insert into oracle table.
> >
> >I am confused as when I am selecting data from db2 that is actually
> >not in this box but in a terminal like,
> >
> >How can I capture that db2(remote) data and put into oracle(local)
 table.

> >please give some advice
> >
> >rcy
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message