Re: CURSOR LOOPS in PL/SQL

From: <pioneer07_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/28

I have encountered a problem with explicit cursor that's absolutely driving me nuts.
I have a very complicated job where a big stored procedures (say SP0) calls many other procedures (say SP1, SP2,...). So it is like SP0(SP1, SP2, SP3...)

In SP2 I have an explicit cursor that joins two tables. Just to be sure, I put a implicit cursor (a SELECT statement that does the same thing as the explicit cursor) right before I open and LOOP through the explicit cursor. Here is what happened:

  1. If I run SP2 independently, everything worked.
  2. If I run the whole thing (SP0), the explicit cursor LOOP would fail to give me all the rows - even though the simple SELECT statement right before it indicated to me all the rows were there.

I have tested it on ORACLE 8.1.5 and 8.1.6 with the same results. Does anybody have any ideas?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message