Re: Got a question regarding newbies

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/02/10

[Quoted] You forgot 'Why do newbies automatically crosspost everything to ALL Oracle newsgroups' (I'm just a humble Outlook user, and this sometimes stupid program doesn't see it IS a crosspost).
Probably the answer is related to another problem: almost all newbies seem to unpack the CD, dump any paper docs included, and fiddle away. The rest ends up in the Oracle newsgroups. BTW Usually when a platform and version description is lacking, I don't even answer anymore, and that saves a LOT of time.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

PS I crossposted this one, purposively. Let the flame wars begin. I know we are both long time responders, and I must admit I considered quitting the ngs the last few months just because of the issue you address. It's all volunteer work, and I feel people should at least do something to get their issues resolved.