Re: Got a question regarding newbies

From: <kevinator_ca_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/02/17

[Quoted] This is probably the problem. Most people don't search the newsgroup before they post. but the real question is, who wants maintain an FAQ?

kevin

In article <%Gdp4.7719$uc.167940_at_nnrp4.clara.net>,   "Dave Wotton" <Dave.Wotton_at_dwotton.nospam.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> Alex Hudghton wrote in message

 <38a3e8e4.6733231_at_news.freeserve.net>...
> [snip]
> >I guess most of them don't realise that its really helpful to find
 out
> >where you can get information from (manuals, web sites, magazines
 etc)
> >because there will come a time, when they have a real job, that
> >newsnet is of no use at all.
>
> Although I agree with (almost) all that Alex, Sybrand, Kenneth and
 others
> have said on this issue, I disagree with Alex's assertion above. I
 find
> the newsgroups extremely useful when all other avenues have failed
 (and I
> do try them all!). But the principle remains - there's a lot of
 experts
> out there who are replying to posts voluntarily, everyone should
 endeavour
> to respect their good nature by doing some homework first. Using
 Dejanews
> power search (http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml) or something
 similar
> would answer about 80% of the questions regularly posted here.
>
> Dave.
> --
> There's no need to reply to this posting by email, but if you do,
> remove the "nospam" from my email address first.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message