Re: plsql webtoolkit newbie question

From: <ahujad_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/02/10

[Quoted] OK. I've got the same problem, and it's quite annoying since I'm at a client's site developing a web application for them using Oracle 8.0x and OAS 4.x.

I think that you're right; there may be a cache problem.

Here's my scenario.

I create and compile a procedure with no problem. Next I run it with no problem.

Now I add a parameter to the procedure and re-create it. It seems to compile OK.

But if I try to access it with the newly created parameter, it dies with this same error.

As a work around, I rename the procedure to something new, and it works OK. Although this becomes very annoying and tedious, because I have to go through all the other procedures which access this one and modify them to call this renamed procedure.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this problem?

Dil

In article <388701BB.92BF34BF_at_gmx.de>,   Immo Wetzel <iwetzel_at_gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I try to make same webpages with the oracle
 webserver. and i
> would like to generate a procedure which can be
 called with
> or without same parameters like

 "host.domain/virtdir/app?test1=hello&test2=newbie"

> i have make the following programm
>
> PROCEDURE klo(test1 VARCHAR2 DEFAULT NULL,test2
 VARCHAR2
> DEFAULT NULL) is
> BEGIN
> htp.htmlopen;
> htp.prn(test1||' '||test2);
> htp.htmlclose;
> END;
>
> but its generate only a error
> OWS-05101: Execution failed due to Oracle error
 -6550

> Whats the problem and where can i found same
 samples?

> OAS4081
> ORACLE 8.0.5.2.1
> PLSQL 8.0.5.2.0
>
> --
>

> Immo Wetzel
> Fachhochschule Stralsund

 http://www.fh-stralsund.de

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message