Re: HELP! - Running reports to a file

From: <catcher25_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 20:01:00 GMT

[Quoted] In article <83m127$cpo$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   howardparks_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <83dp04$uu7$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> catcher25_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > We are trying to run a report to a file and print it out in wordpad.
> > When we do this it is not keeping our format and is not even
> > recognizing our page breaks. The report is in character mode and I
am
> > using the default printer file. Has anyone had any success in doing
> > this? PLEASE HELP! Thank you in advance.
> >

> What exactly is the problem? If there are extra carriage returns
> causing the wrapping, then your form is not wide enough. I found that
> needed to use the PAGESIZE parameter on my last character cell report,
> to get it to format properly. If the lines are just getting wrapped,
> then WordPad is the culprit. I would suggest looking at your file in
> each stage of this process to determine where the format is getting
> wrecked. Are the pagebreak characters being lost at some point?
>
> How exactly are you printing from WordPad ... manually or using some
> kind of script?
>
> Howard Parks
> 1 Peter 4:10
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Thanks Howard. I pretty much gave up on that after speaking with Oracle, telling me that things are application specific. Now I'm trying to run my report as a bitmap report as an rtf. fun fun. Not having much luck there either. Thanks again.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 20 1999 - 21:01:00 CET

Original text of this message