Re: HELP! - Running reports to a file

From: <howardparks_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:46:16 GMT

[Quoted] In article <83dp04$uu7$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   catcher25_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> We are trying to run a report to a file and print it out in wordpad.
> When we do this it is not keeping our format and is not even
> recognizing our page breaks. The report is in character mode and I am
> using the default printer file. Has anyone had any success in doing
> this? PLEASE HELP! Thank you in advance.

What exactly is the problem? If there are extra carriage returns causing the wrapping, then your form is not wide enough. I found that I [Quoted] needed to use the PAGESIZE parameter on my last character cell report, to get it to format properly. If the lines are just getting wrapped, then WordPad is the culprit. I would suggest looking at your file in each stage of this process to determine where the format is getting wrecked. Are the pagebreak characters being lost at some point?

How exactly are you printing from WordPad ... manually or using some kind of script?

Howard Parks
1 Peter 4:10

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 20 1999 - 20:46:16 CET

Original text of this message