Re: Client cannot connect to WebDB

From: <jmvegalerin_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:45:10 GMT

[Quoted] If you'are using a proxy server, you need to configure the webbrowser, the option "Do not use proxy servers for domains beginning with" with the IP addreess of de computer, when the WEBDB is installed.

In article <935581186.16785.0.pluto.d4ee4f4f_at_news.demon.nl>,   "Xander Burchartz" <xander_at_burchartz.demon.nl> wrote:
> I'm thinking in the same direction: Oracle is installed on a
stand-alone
> server, which is connected to a LAN. Maybe Domain Controller is the
problem?

> Peter Shaw <peter.shaw_at_tiu.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Yes, me too, exactly the same. I have only become stuck on this
problem
> this
> > morning so have only my initial thoughts to contribute. We have a
router
> here
> > in the office which is specified as our default gateway fo TCP/IP is
this
> > anything to do with the problem?
> >
> > Xander Burchartz wrote:
> >
> > > I know what url I have to use, that's not the problem.If I start
> Internet
> > > Explorer on the server I can connect to webDB, but the same action
on a
> > > client results in a 'host not found'.
> > >
> > > Robert Graf-Waczenski <Robert.Graf-Waczenski_at_med.siemens.de> wrote
in
> > > message news:37C3BE87.4E16A36_at_med.siemens.de...

> box

> 5.
> > > connect
> but I
> > > want
> know
> > > how

> > --
> > Peter
> > <peter.shaw_at_tiu.co.uk>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 25 1999 - 14:45:10 CEST

Original text of this message