Populate Details Forms4.5

From: <srijay_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 12:06:00 GMT

Hi!

[Quoted] I have a Master/Detail relation ship on a form. I would like to populate detail block with many records when a master record is created. The way I [Quoted] would like to do this is, by go to the master block hit insert key created a [Quoted] new record. At the end of validation in when-validate-record trigger I would [Quoted] like to populate the detail block with many records programmatically (not insert to the database just the screen block). When the user hit the save button master and all the details will get saved to the database. Is this possible?

[Quoted] I know I can do this if there is only one record display on the detail block [Quoted] by assigning :detial_block.item := value command. So how can I move to the next line to insert the values? This way when the user hit the save button two records get committed to the database. (One from master and one from detail)

[Quoted] Any help would be appreciated.

Sri.