Re: Microsoft Access to Oracle via ODBC - What am i doing wrong??

From: Walt <walter_at_dse.it>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 12:59:53 +0100

Hi, folks

i receive this message when no TNS for this DSN (data source) exists ... when I add a tns under ....\oracle_home\network\admin\tnsnames.ora ('cause is a 7.3.x, if it was a 8.0.4 the directory where ....\oracle_home\net80\admin) the problem disappear. In addition I've heard that version 2.3.3 of sqlnet make some problems sometimes, if you have a 2.3.4 it goes a little better ..

bye