Re: Populate Details Forms4.5

From: Huiming Li <huiming_at_sam.hi-ho.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 23:47:20 +0900

>I know I can do this if there is only one record display on the detail
block
>by assigning :detial_block.item := value command. So how can I move to the
>next line to insert the values? This way when the user hit the save button
>two records get committed to the database. (One from master and one from
>detail)

You can use CREATE_RECORD to create a new line, and now the input focus is in
the newly-created line. If you use :detail_block.item := Avalue this time, the value will set to the new record.

If you want to modify something in a multi-record detail block, you can use a loop
and NEXT-RECORD to go over the block.

Hope that helps. Received on Sat Nov 14 1998 - 15:47:20 CET

Original text of this message