Hardware, Cores, Licenses

From: Alex Busam <abusam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 15:24:38 +0200

Hi,

we work with an Oracle 10g Enterprise Edition (Database 30GB) on an Dual Xeon 3,6 GHz (early gerneration, single-Core, from 2005, SCSI U320, in 2 x RAID1) unter Windows 2003 Server 32 bit. Now we like to move this system to a faster server. Model such as Dell 2950, with Xeon E5440 or HP DL360, Ceon 5430 to 5470 or others.

Now, I m not sure what a license we have installed. Can I see this in the system for how much cores this license is? We change the system in 2 years, so there is no chance/money to upgrade the license now.

Is for this moving a fast dual core the better choice? Which processor is ok for this solution?

The Windows 2003 Server can access the RAM above 4 GB about PAE. Is there any problem with doing that? What are the cons for this?

best regards and thank you very much for your hepl! Sambu Received on Mon Aug 13 2012 - 08:24:38 CDT

Original text of this message