Re: Buffer cache statistics (ratios) and CBO SQL optimization?

From: Geomancer <pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2004 06:15:30 -0800

> > It's highly suspicious how his/her replies defending some
> > books generate interventions from the authors with
> > monotonous regularity.

Everyone has a right to know when their reputations are defamed or when they are accused of illegal practices.

Can you guess how Embarcadero reacted when someone claiming to be an Oracle expert published in this NG that the work of their Senior Vice President is "trash. Burn it if you have it.", and called their multi-million dollar product a "Complete piece of garbage"?

Since you are all non-anon, a quick Google search reveals that Ryan Gaffuri is a junior staff consultant of Bloodworth Integrated Technology in Reston Virginia. If I wanted, I could spend $25 at www.ussearch.com, and get Ryan's home address, complete criminal and civil court record, and a complete employment history.

By the way, Ryan Gaffuri has a total of less than three years of experience with Oracle!

The crap about Dave Moore's book being "almost a copy and paste" accused Moore (and his employer, BMC software) of the theft of intellectual property. BMC is a multi-billion dollar company and since he is their Chief Architect, both he and BMC have a right to know when Ryan Gaffuri's publishes allegations of illegal activity.

Regarding anonymity:

No thanks, I'll stay anon, thank you. Received on Sat Jan 10 2004 - 08:15:30 CST