Re: Buffer cache statistics (ratios) and CBO SQL optimization?

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2004 13:34:11 -0800

pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com (Geomancer) wrote in message news:<cf90fb89.0401100615.77a6b6f9_at_posting.google.com>... <snip>
> Regarding anonymity:
>
> **** My company policies prohibit any employee from divulging their
> real name on any work-related forum, and for good reason, IMHO.
provided that they let you know of that, it sounds fair to me.

> **** This NG records the IP address and time of each post. If the
> post was done during work hours then the employer is fully responsible
> for the actions of their employee.

Just wondering, can you site any cases of this? This concerns me, I'm non-anonymous and may (or may not) have posted from work.
Guess I might have to re-think that.

> **** Anything posted here is "published" and subject to libel law.
> This NG is archived way back to the early 1990's.
and nothing ever gets purged (never did finish that copy of "Database Nation").

> No thanks, I'll stay anon, thank you.

I can see why. Its a little late for me now. My inbox suffered through the swen virus, I had to resort to blocking entire domains such as hotmail.com. That is still out there.

I'll admit that I used to get bent out of shape over some things and vent in this forum. I would not want to have to explain such postings while sitting in a job interview (that "Preview message" button there in the browser is a good idea). I'm nowhere near as warm and fuzzy of a DBA such as Christopher Lawson (reading his perf tuning book now) but I'm trying to be less of a BOFH these days.

I think that after Ryan has a few more years of experience behind him, he'll have other things to worry about than trashing authors in newgroups or mailing lists. I know that he recently changed email addresses on ORACLE-L, and I had to update my mail filters :). I think that the ORACLE-L listowner set him straight, it appears that you have done the same here.

Pd Received on Sat Jan 10 2004 - 15:34:11 CST