PROD without TEST

From: David Lee <dba_lee_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:11:42 CDT

Hi All,
This is more of a survey than a question, but how many of you DBAs out there who are administering production databases that don't have a test database to go with it?
We are a new but rapidly changing shop and we have a bunch of small to medium size databases that are running without a test database. This makes DBA tasks like upgrade more difficult. I am having a hard time trying to get the management to allocate the resources for this. I wonder how other DBAs are doing to deal with situations like this.

TIA David