Re: PROD without TEST

From: Eric Lansu <eric.lansu_at_quicknet.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:37:09 +0200

We have several systems without real test-environments. I don't like it, but there are so many links to other databases, machines etc. it's almost impossible to test anything on a seperate machine. :-( If I need to do a test, I copy the tables involved to a seperate schema, and run the test on this.

The developers are working on real development-machines.

Eric Lansu

> Some times you have to live with the decissions of management. But I would
let them know of the possible rammifications of upgrading a live system without a complete test in a parallel environment. Make sure you have at least two coppies of a complete backup for restoration purposes.