Re: PROD without TEST

From: bill thater <thaterw_at_telergy.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:31:58 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Jun 22, Rachel Carmichael scribbled on the wall in glitter crayon:

->David,
->
->If you don't have test databases, where are the developers doing their
->development and testing. I'm cringing here, waiting for you to say "in
->production".... then I'll scream.
->

go ahead and start screaming. i'm back at work now because our devlopers did do their devlopment in the production instance, and i have devlopment and test instances up for them. but damagement gave them access to production because they wanted this fix "right away".

pay me now, or pay me later.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

--
Bill Thater             Certified ORACLE DBA
Telergy, Inc.            thaterw_at_telergy.net

"Dad, nerds are nothing to fear. In fact, they've done some pretty memorable things. Some nerds of note include popcorn magnate Orville Redenbacher, rock star David Byrne, and supreme court justice David Souter." - Lisa Simpson Received on Thu Jun 22 2000 - 19:31:58 CDT