Re: Setting up Oracle 10g & Oracle Spatial / MapViewer for learning single PC

From: spatialdba <djm1969_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2006 18:31:22 -0800

To be fair, the original post was a bit short on specifics. Mostly the result of posting several weeks after the installation attempt. Bascially the database would be created but the DB Console App couldn't start the instance (it would stay "stopped"). I've received some helpfull replies on a gis-related group. I also think starting from scratch is in order.

I may even attempt to use a different OS / 10g Product (Red Hat Linux) for more installation control. At any rate your answer and the ones I got on the other group at least confirm that I am not trying to do something that can't be done (given a few tweaks and config-related stuff) Received on Tue Mar 14 2006 - 20:31:22 CST