Re: Unnecessary Users and Schemas?

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:38:15 GMT

This is on my personal PC and if I don't need to waste the space on schemas and users I'll never use I'd rather not have them there. This is for my Designer 9i repository so actually the only schemas that are really used would be SYSTEM, SYS and DES (which is my repository owner).

I don't know if it's reverse engineering my instance as much as being "brave" now that I actually have a bit more understanding of the workings of Oracle. Up till now, other than the programming side my only knowledge on the administrative aspect of Oracle has been from what I've read in my books. I've been taking classes with the goal of getting certified in 10G database administration so I have a little bit more understanding of what things do and more confident I can recover if I make a mistake.

"Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:dv0ui6$7h6$1_at_news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> Dereck L. Dietz wrote:
> > In my Designer 9i repository I've identified a number of Users and
Schemas