Re: Unnecessary Users and Schemas?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:33:45 +0100

Dereck L. Dietz wrote:
> This is on my personal PC and if I don't need to waste the space on schemas
> and users I'll never use I'd rather not have them there. This is for my
> Designer 9i repository so actually the only schemas that are really used
> would be SYSTEM, SYS and DES (which is my repository owner).

Please, do not top post.

Let's make quite clear that it is my understanding, you have all these users defined within the Designer repository.

They also are defined on RDBMS level.

Your statement about conserving space would only be valid when you drop these users from the database. I hope it is obvious to you, you cannot drop all users from the rdbms.

You can drop all users which have the EXAMPLE tablespace as default tablespace, along with the actual tablespace EXAMPLE, and the associated datafile.

That will save space. It merely dropping of users, be it from your designer repository, or from the database, will not conserve space on your laptop.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...