Re: Unnecessary Users and Schemas?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:06:03 +0100

Dereck L. Dietz wrote:
> In my Designer 9i repository I've identified a number of Users and Schemas
> that I'm wondering if I could remove without damage. I've already removed
> the HR and SCOTT schemas since I know those aren't necessary but I have
> questions on a number of other users.
>
> Can anybody tell me which of the following users and their schemas are safe
> to remove?:
>
> USER DEFAULT TABLESPACE
> --------------- ----------------------------
> ANONYMOUS XDB
> CTXSYS DRSYS
> DBSNMP SYSTEM
> MDSYS SYSTEM
> ODM ODM
> ODM_MTR ODM
> OE EXAMPLE
> OLAPSYS CWMLITE
> ORDPLUGINS SYSTEM
> ORDSYS SYSTEM
> OUTLINE SYSTEM
> PM EXAMPLE
> QS EXAMPLE
> QS_ADM EXAMPLE
> QS_CB EXAMPLE
> QS_CBADM EXAMPLE
> QS_CS EXAMPLE
> QS_ES EXAMPLE
> QS_OS EXAMPLE
> QS_WS EXAMPLE
> SH EXAMPLE
> WKPROXY DRSYS
> WKSYS DRSYS
> WMSYS SYSTEM
> XDB XDB

You have been reverse engineering your instance :)

You can drop all users above from your repository.

Unless, of course, you are in the process of actually designing something for one of them, but I would recommend creating a new user within the repository if you insist on having one (or none at all).

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...