linux vs MS (slight twist on the topic)

From: Robyn <robyn.sands_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:08:47 -0400

one more question:

It is frequently said here that Linux is not ready for production. ( i used to laugh out load at this; i'm learning to control my giggles but i've about bitten a hole in my tongue)

What are the really big examples of Linux systems? I'm thinking Amazon, Google and Ebay, but it's been a while since I read anything on this. Who else out there is running very large, very critical Oracle databases on Linux?

thanks again ... Robyn
--

Robyn Anderson Sands
email: Robyn.Sands_at_SciAtl.com