Re: linux vs MS (slight twist on the topic)

From: <jost_at_unitrade.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:00:39 +0200

On Friday 07 October 2005 16:08, Robyn wrote:
> one more question:
>
> It is frequently said here that Linux is not ready for production. (
> i used to laugh out load at this; i'm learning to control my giggles
> but i've about bitten a hole in my tongue)
>
> What are the really big examples of Linux systems? I'm thinking
> Amazon, Google and Ebay, but it's been a while since I read anything
> on this. Who else out there is running very large, very critical
> Oracle databases on Linux?

Hi,

what's with Blizzard. As far as i know, the Online - Game World of Warcraft is
running under Linux with Oracle 9i RAC.

They was searching for DBA's with experience for RAC - Installation under Linux. But i can't find something official, so it's is not for sure.

If it is running under Linux it is a very big installation, i think.

by

 Jörg