RE: linux vs MS (slight twist on the topic)

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:49:45 -0400

Now that's where I take exception to those who hail The Gates as a "visionary". The guy is blinder than a bat. For how many years has Microsoft been selling Office for Apple? You mean to say that they could not port SQL*Server to another operating system? One thing that can be said of visionaries, and yes Uncle Larry NEEDS a good dose of this medicine as well, is that they don't box themselves in. Microsoft is so hung up on Windows that there entire being is held up by that one linchpin. Pull it out & the whole company falls into the abyss.