database consistency tools ?

From: Maya Kenner <maya.kenner_at_trema.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 02:51:11 -0700

<SPAN

class=430575308-30082001>Hello,
<SPAN

class=430575308-30082001>
Excuse me for this
maybe dummy question, I am new at Oracle and coming from Sybase world, I subscribed to this list 1 week ago. If my question is answered somewhere in archived place, please feel free to direct me to this place.
<SPAN

class=430575308-30082001>
I am looking for
Oracle built-in tools to check/verify consistency of the db/tables/indexes etc...
<SPAN

class=430575308-30082001>
Sybase provides a
set of tools to verify/check/repair the database/tables/indexes logical and physical consistency called dbcc .
This will allow to
check allocation structures , page and object linkage (sybase page is equivalent to an oracle block and an object is a table,index,view...).
<SPAN

class=430575308-30082001>
To say that in
Oracle words, the tools will verify that the oracle block(s)/extent(s) which are allocated to an object is/are effectively allocated to this object and that the different blocks/extents(s) are correctly linked together.
<SPAN

class=430575308-30082001>
Does this make sense
to you ?
<SPAN

class=430575308-30082001>
Thanks,
Maya
<SPAN

class=430575308-30082001>
<SPAN

class=430575308-30082001>
<SPAN

class=430575308-30082001>  Received on Thu Aug 30 2001 - 04:51:11 CDT