RE: database consistency tools ?

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:51:50 -0700

Maya,

Also look into the dbv (Database Verify tool).

In the 817 documentation this is covered in the "Oracle8i Utilities" manual, chapter 9.

Also see Metalink note
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_datab ase_id=NOT&p_id=32969.1 for a good overview of dbv, dbms_repair and other Database Block Checking Features.

DBV itself is discussed in detail in Metalink note http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_datab ase_id=NOT&p_id=35512.1.

Regards,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au