Re: Following up on the good argument for XML thread, JSON is simpler and more space efficient, and seems to be catching on as a data interchange format!

From: Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam_at_benfinney.id.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:19:47 +1100

The specification for YAML acknowledges prior art <URL:http://www.yaml.org/spec/1.2/spec.html#id2708710> and even discusses comparisons with JSON and XML
<URL:http://www.yaml.org/spec/1.2/spec.html#id2759572> <URL:http://www.yaml.org/spec/1.2/spec.html#id2759732>.

--
 \           “Value your freedom or you will lose it, teaches history. |
  `\     “Don't bother us with politics,” respond those who don't want |