Re: Object-oriented thinking in SQL context?

From: David BL <davidbl_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 02:58:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 12, 3:46 pm, Marshall <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> But since you note that it "serves" Gene, I guess that
> means you recognize the value of content over
> pleasantry. This recognition is what caused me finally
> to stop whining to Bob about his manners. He and I
> waged a long and severe battle of attrition over
> that very issue. Ultimately, however, I was won
> over by the strength of his arguments.

I'd be interested to know what argument won you over - and led you to believe that personal attacks could be a good thing.

> The thing you're arguing against is incivility.

I could find no part of the post that argued against incivility. I assumed it was the use of a logical fallacy and all of the other explicitly stated reasons that provoked the post. In any case it was quite remarkable :-) Received on Fri Jun 12 2009 - 11:58:47 CEST

Original text of this message