Re: Object-oriented thinking in SQL context?

From: David BL <davidbl_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 18:40:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 10, 8:28 am, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Gene Wirchenko wrote:
> > rp_at_raampje.(none) (Reinier Post) wrote:

> > ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^
> > ^^^
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> >>That attitude exactly.
>
> Noting Reinier's idiocy does not indicate or communicate anything about
> holiness or sanctity.
>
> > I think that what I have caretted shows more bad attitude. You
> > insult people and then complain about their attitude. I think Bob was
> > wrong to call you an idiot. He should have called you a fool.
>
> No, he is an idiot. He has been here long enough for any reasonably
> intelligent person to know how absurd his accusations are. Regardless
> whether one uses the term 'idiot' or 'fool', he is demonstrably very stupid.

Actually Reinier is very intelligent. BB is as well. However BB is also a jerk. Only a jerk would for example, mock the OP who claimed ignorance and asked for help. For example, the OP said:

  "I'd appreciate any key words to look for when   re-reading the material. I'm using Teorey's   "Database Modeling and Design: Logical Design",   4th edition."

and Bob replies with

  "Keywords? Introduction, preamble, prologue, chapter 1.   I would start with one of those. Not sure which   terminology Teorey uses in the 4th edition, but I am   sure you will find something suitable shortly after   Table of Contents."

This is clearly intended to mock, and in a nasty way. It is typical of BB. Perhaps BB could himself do with some suggestions for reading material - books with titles like "How to win friends and influence people".

Of course Reinier was also mocking various regulars in the newsgroup. However, I found his comment quite amusing - and nothing like BB's aggressive tone. BB's reaction also suggests lack of balance. Received on Wed Jun 10 2009 - 03:40:21 CEST

Original text of this message