Re: Object-oriented thinking in SQL context?

From: Gene Wirchenko <>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:47:47 -0700

David BL <> wrote:

>On Jun 10, 8:28 am, Bob Badour <> wrote:
>> Gene Wirchenko wrote:
>> > ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^
>> > ^^^
>> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Noting Reinier's idiocy does not indicate or communicate anything about
>> holiness or sanctity.
>> > I think that what I have caretted shows more bad attitude. You
>> > insult people and then complain about their attitude. I think Bob was
>> > wrong to call you an idiot. He should have called you a fool.
>> No, he is an idiot. He has been here long enough for any reasonably
>> intelligent person to know how absurd his accusations are. Regardless
>> whether one uses the term 'idiot' or 'fool', he is demonstrably very stupid.
>Actually Reinier is very intelligent. BB is as well. However BB is
>also a jerk. Only a jerk would for example, mock the OP who claimed
>ignorance and asked for help. For example, the OP said:

     He did not mock. He gave a reply.

> "I'd appreciate any key words to look for when
> re-reading the material. I'm using Teorey's
> "Database Modeling and Design: Logical Design",
> 4th edition."
>and Bob replies with
> "Keywords? Introduction, preamble, prologue, chapter 1.
> I would start with one of those. Not sure which
> terminology Teorey uses in the 4th edition, but I am
> sure you will find something suitable shortly after
> Table of Contents."
>This is clearly intended to mock, and in a nasty way. It is typical of

     Is it? I read it as "If you start at the beginning, you will find what you are looking for." Sometimes, just getting started can be the biggest hurdle.

     Too many are after the magic incantation. There is no substitute for sitting down and studying.

>BB. Perhaps BB could himself do with some suggestions for reading
>material - books with titles like "How to win friends and influence

     Is your statement intended to mock, and in a nasty way?

>Of course Reinier was also mocking various regulars in the newsgroup.
>However, I found his comment quite amusing - and nothing like BB's
>aggressive tone. BB's reaction also suggests lack of balance.

     Oooh, balance! It is so important to have balance. Ha! Sense and nonsense should not be getting equal time.

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.
     You have biases.